Wedding Wines Recommended
You might remember that a few days ago we made you the rather generous offer of £50 of free wine for anyone who started a Wine Wedding List for their big day. As we suspected you’ve responded in your droves like the booze-obsessed, hooch hounds we know and love you as (no offence, yeah.) We’ve even extended the offer now to include anyone who just wants to set up a wine list for birthdays, Christmas or christenings, that’s how generous we are.
To give you a bit of a headstart we thought we’d ask Edward Parker, the genius behind The Wine Wedding List, to suggest some ideal bottles for you to add to your list, here’s his pick:
1. Jean Comyn Brut NV – a champagne in an old traditional style with great body and depth, and excellent balance.
2. Encierra Vineyard Reserve, Colchagua Valley 2005 – a spectacular Chilean Bordeaux blend with powerful fruit and great depth and complexity.
3. Puligny Montrachet, Domaine Bzikot 2007 – From one of the most famous wine producing villages in the world, this wine has class and character, and remains exceptionally good value
4. Ch. Coutet, Grand Cru Saint Emilion 2002 – Produced by the David-Beaulieu brothers at a property next to Angelus and Beausejour-Becot, this wine oozes charm and style. Drinking now, but will last at least another 4 years.
5. Chambolle-Musigny Clos Le Village, Domaine Henri Felettig 2007 – To really benefit from the excitement of Burgundy, you need to dig deep into its history, and this wine is a perfect example of the wonderful gems which can be unearthed with a little patience.
To claim your free £50, simply set up your list and tell them that Staggered sent you and your account will magically have £50 credited to it.
Call the Wine Wedding List team directly on 0870 142 0512 or visit www.thewineweddinglist.co.uk for more details.